Tuesday 9 October 2012

Iphone, Blackberry & Strawberry

ALHAMDULILAH syukur nikmat. For year 2012, I’m blessed with a son. Hence, I decided to have an aqiqah for my son for this Raya Haji. I meet up with my uncle who has been in the madrasah committee (for many years) telling him on my intention to do aqiqah. He asked me “ Do you want to have the aqiqah here in KL or in Cambodia? Now, I have second thoughts.

I asked him on how is the state & condition of the people of Cambodia. My uncle told me that the people of Cambodia are in dire straits. If you are able to see a poor family in Malaysia, the people in Cambodia are 10 times much worse. In Malaysia, how poor the family is…that family is still to have an Astro tv and an handphone compared to the people living in Cambodia. 

Aah..now things began to suffice. He does have a point. I’ve seen that even those people living in flats do have Astros and smart phones. This is a fact. People are simply attracted to entertainment and simply can’t live without them. Look around us. People are mostly on their iPhones, Blackberry, Samsungs and tabs. Regardless in the LRT, bus stations and even while driving..people are hooked to their smartphones. From some point, you can see them giggling while surfing their smartphones. 



Nowadays, even primary school children are using smart phones and even tabs. Malaysia is flush of handphones/smartphones as they are ubiquitous and can be found everywhere and anywhere. For myself, I just recently upgrade to an iPhone. My previous “form of communication” is my Strawberry. (take a look at my old Nokia). Cool huh! Now, I’m hooked up to my iPhone nearly 24/7.  

For businesses, the influx of these mobile gadgets has helped businesses utilize this technology to improve their operations. Sales representatives can now communicate directly with their clients and they can do it real time. Orders can be taken via these mobiles and proposals too can be submitted via online. Regardless of geography and cultural barriers, businesses can still operate. 
With the business demand, there are many applications that are being developed. An application that is being developed by SAP is SAP Travel on Demand. Via this application, users can submit their claims and receipts online. In addition, approval (claims) and reports too can be done via mobile devices.

Check out the video.




No comments:

Post a Comment